What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient science originating in Hinduism and Buddhism. It is a spiritual practice but no own religion. Everybody – regardless of their religious beliefs – may practice yoga.
The original meaning of the term Yoga is „to unite, to bring together“. Yoga connects body, soul and spirit and leads to physical and mental balance. When you start to engage yourself in yoga, you inevitably start a journey to the roots, the origin of yoga and to yourself. It is a trip from the surface (body) to your inner self (mind and soul).
Yoga leads to more awareness. You become more sensitive to your own limits and therefore you may be able to observe them better. You learn to accept your limits without judging them and to extend them step by step.
GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL
Yoga strengthens your body, your mind and your soul. This combination is nearly second to none and a good basis for all life situations. Yoga is heart-balm.
Asanas are performed in combination with conscious breathing. The different breathing techniques cleanse your whole body and let your mind come to rest. Breathing harmonizes body, soul and mind. We live the way we breathe, and we breathe the way we live.
Breathing rhythm = Life rhythm
Experience your yoga lesson in a relaxing atmosphere and enjoy the positive energy. It is impossible to describe it, you have to experience it for yourself. Leave your daily routine behind, calm down and arrive in the here and now. Feel the relaxation at all levels.
Use this valuable time for yourself
The individual is the center of attention
Yoga may be practiced by the young and the old alike, taking into account the individual’s physical restrictions. It is not necessary to have practiced yoga before.
EFFECTS OF YOGA
In today’s fast moving world it is all too easy to be thrown off balance – a disharmonic state is the result. This may affect your physical and/or mental state: tensions, headaches, back pains, depressions, general dissatisfaction, lack of motivation and stress are all clear indications that our lives are out of balance.
- Yoga is a practice that brings your system back into balance and allows the mind, body, and soul to reconnect.
- Yoga creates a strong and healthy body and leads to emotional stability, mental flexibility and more self-composure.
- Yoga preserves your health and contributes to the alleviation of pain.
- Yoga is a philosophy of life and shows you the way to a happy life – even beyond the yoga mat.
- Yoga helps us to open our hearts to ourselves and to our fellow human beings.
- Yoga awakens your full potential and gives you the opportunity to look deep inside yourself where you can find everything you need.
Start the journey and find yourself!